For our allies
Want to help? Join in and spread awareness on social media and other platforms.
Like, reply, share, and interact with social media posts so that the social media algorithms push those posts more.
Mention SickAndAbandoned.com and other resources so that those suffering from chronic illness can find the help that they’re looking for.
Advocacy Starter Pack
- Free speech. Skepticism about a treatment should not be silenced so that somebody can collect a kickback or multi-level marketing commission. Heavily politicized treatments such as ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine should not be censored for non-medical reasons. Patients deserve healthy, civil discourse on both the pros and cons of all treatments. People should be allowed to make arguments for or against a drug like ivermectin.
- Resilience. We aim to avoid concentration of ownership. This lowers the risk of patients being held hostage by the whims of 1 or 2 forum/group owners.
- Resilience against Big Tech censorship. Certain conditions such as vaccine injury are often heavily censored, creating the risk that support groups will be deplatformed. To soften the landing in case this happens, we are running a self-hosted forum at forum.sickandabandoned.com that can’t be deplatformed by Big Tech.
- Accessibility. We also recognize that ‘computer allergies’ are a barrier for many people. As such, we will be pragmatic and promote Facebook support groups as the Facebook platform tends to be the easiest to use.
- Research recruitment. We strive to build bridges between patient communities and researchers, making it easier for researchers to recruit. We strive to help researchers gain insight into what matters to chronic illness patients.